
I finally broke down and joined block buster On Demand movie club. Now I've got to keep the movies coming so I ordered Death of a President thinking it was that movie about the Robert Kennedy assassination. Instead it was a make-believe documentary about the assassination of George Walker Bush leaving a Chicago hotel. The Chicago city shots were cool as usual, including the urban high rise correctional facility in the heart of downtown. But the way the Chicago Police Department was portrayed was a joke. They would never allow protesters to get out of hand. Once when leaving Adler I walked from Wacker & Michigan avenue to Union Station passing by about 2500 people who were protesting the World Trade Organization Conference. As best I can recall it was in August of 2001. The Chicago Police Department wouldn't reveal how many officers they had out that day but seeing them in their riot gear looking like He-Man figures block after block after block was a sight I'll never forget. It seemed like there were as many police as protestors and there may have well been. I can't recall ever feeling so safe.
Anyway, the movie wasn't very good, I can't recommend it.
Anyway, the movie wasn't very good, I can't recommend it.
No comments:
Post a Comment