Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Home Projects


Last weekend and continuing into this week I've been occupied with DIY projects.  I find handiwork around the house so rewarding!  I guess it is the short-term gratification of a household task that does it.
Here is my most recent project:

At first I was going to repaint the ceiling of my screen room as the bead board seemed covered in a dark mildew.  Then I discovered it washed right off.  Although it was a bit arduous, (1) I scrubbed down the whole surface with dish soap and bleach.  Then (2) I hosed everything down and in the process of this found that the brick walls were filthy!  Dirty water gushed off the brick and they may never been washed before!

Now brick is much brighter.  (3) Coated ceiling in a moisture, mildew proof clear coat.
(4) Took Blades off ceiling fain.  (5) Sprayed ceiling fan with a dark bronze color (from white) and replaced blades with new ones in a dark finish.  (6) Scraped down moldings holding in screens and re-caulked wood moldings attached to brick.  Next job:  Fresh paint on all moldings and floor!  Scheduled:  This weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Your just a red headed Bob Vila. Nice work. You make me look bad!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great can't wait to see it in person AK

    ReplyDelete