Monday, January 10, 2011

Daydreaming for 2011

Daydreaming on a quiet snowy day.  With some free time on my hands I've been pouring over the 2011 TATUR Race Schedule and projecting which races I want to tackle this year.  Mostly trying to find some existing races to tuck into my training plan for the Lake McMurtry 50K on April 2nd. 

Here is what I am considering:

Post Oak - Tulsa, OK
* February 26 Post Oak 25K
* February 27 Post Oak Road 1/2 Marathon  Or should I go for the full? 

(My 50K training plan calls for 22 miles on Saturday and 10 miles on Sunday)

A-OK - Atoka, OK
* 25K

Originally, I had considered this race for my first 50K- but 25k should suffice for mid-range training run.

Snake Run - Turkey Mountain, Tulsa, OK

* The Six Hour Snake Run.  There is no way I would miss this race, but of course nothing will compare to last year's glory when I tied for third place and earned one of the sought after snake trophies. 
I would love to a full marathon in on this, but am doubtful this will be possible given it is on trails, weather is unpredictable and my best road running marathon time is 6:10.  So we'll see...

Lake McMurtry

* 50K  This will be my first Ultra.  Here is TZ's race report from 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment