Friday, April 27, 2012

A rose by any other name...

Last Sunday I visited my sister's house, Casa de la Sears.  She and her husband, Noah gave us a garden tour and I was enraptured by her roses.  They have worked hard over the past few years to landscape their property bringing in huge rocks, building trellis, having fence put in, installing sprinkler systems and more.  All their hard work is really paying off. 

Yellow Knockout, Westernland Rose & Sheer Magic

My mom is the one who discovered the Antique Rose Emporium.  Their catalog has circulated between her, Heath and I for several years now.  They have ordered several specimens, but this spring after seeing Heath's roses I finally did the same.  I ordered The Fairy Rose- a vigorous climber that blooms heavily with the most enchanting tiny, ruffled pink roses you can imagine.  It is scheduled to arrive on Monday, April 30th and I can hardly wait!


I've held back from planting very much at my house, since the fact is, that as much as I adore Golden Gables, I don't know how long Walter and I will be there.  Also, there is plenty established already for me to enjoy and care for.  (Azaleas, Iris, Lilies, Peonies)  But this year I've decided, I'm going to add a few things each year including bulbs, roses and more peonies.  
 

Juana Desprez (Climbing) Antique Rose Emporium

Juana Desprez

Europeana rose on sale from Lowe's


Europeana and Sheer Magic
All of the pictures here are Heath's roses!


No comments:

Post a Comment