Was my bouquet pretty? Did I have enough blush on? I am critical of my hair in all the pictures. Why didn't I wear a sweater like her? Why didn't I direct the guests to the bar for cocktails before everyone sat down for dinner? Why was this all on me to do? Why wasn't one of my sisters or best friend or mom helping me plan and take charge? Why didn't I direct the photographer to take more pictures of decorations and memorials we had set out? I am so mad that the Price Tower folks threw out my glittered Winter Dreams banner. What the heck happened to my mom's vases? Why didn't the bar tender give us a quote on the bar tab? Why didn't I set a budget for the bar tab? What was I thinking?!&@L(*%&%!!
Thinking these thoughts, let alone typing them out and seeing them on paper, get me all agitated and angry. They aren't good for me. Gotta reel my mind back in and re-focus on what went right. (Or something else all together.)
The pictures are really pretty. The ceremony with all our guests sharing best wishes, advice and congratulations was so special and meaningful. The dinner was fun and lively! I love that our dads serenaded us with That's Amore. We had poems written and read for us, quotes several songs. It really was a special day and letting my mind run away with the could have, should haves demeans the whole occasion. No More! When does your mind run away with you?




I'm really enjoying catching up on your blog. I love your writing style & enjoy your "willing Wednesday" posts. I for one thought your wedding was wonderful. There will always be things we wish could have been different and often reality is not what we envisioned (and people don't always behave how we envision either!) I still sometimes get upset thinking about who didn't acknowledge my wedding, didn't call or even say "Hey I can't come, congrats anyway!". I think that's normal, but I agree it's not helpful and it only poisons what should be remembered as a beautiful very meaningful event in your life--- and one that DOES NOT define your relationship or even set the tone of your future w/ your partner...it's a celebration. And your wedding certainly was a celebration with friends, family & at the end of the day I think anyone there would agree you are both very loved!
ReplyDeleteThank you Heathie! I am glad that you are visiting Strawberry Blonde! I have had fun jazzing it up. Thanks for your thoughts, they are re-enforcing. Love you lots. xxx
ReplyDelete