Thursday, April 05, 2007

Shrinks 4 Pinks

Last Saturday I ran The Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 5k with some of my co-workers. Our team name was Shrinks for Pinks! With 30,000 participants it was too crowded to really even run but about a half mile in we were able to kick up the pace a bit. I fell down close to finish line...so many people were just sauntering along and large walking women veered straight into my path. I stopped short and my gazelle like colleague fairly mowed me down. I skinned my knee. Other than that nothing too notable happened. We did celebrate our team effort at Mi Tierra with Micheladas and huevos rancheros.
San Antonio does have some charms.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:02 PM

    I had no idea you were mowed down at a race! How horrible. I should read your blog more often.

    ReplyDelete