"Being the muse of two such extraordinarily creative musicians and having beautiful, powerful love songs written about me was enormously flattering but it put the most tremendous pressure on me to be the amazing person they must have thought I was-and secretly I knew I wasn't. I felt I had to be flawless, serene, someone who understood every situation, who made no demands but was there to fulfill every fantasy; and that's someone with not much of a voice. "
Pattie Boyd has lived an incredable life but has come into her own through some therapy and finding herself.
Next I read Eric Clapton's new book, Clapton: The Autobiography, which was also great. It gave me a whole new appreciation of him as a musician. These words summed up what he has observed about his life:
" I found a pattern in my behavior that had been repeating itself for years, decades even. Bad choices were my specialty, and if something honest and decent came along, I would shun it or run the other way."
He too acknowledges treatment and has undergone two stints in residential rehab for alcohol. He continues to work a 12-step program and has his own treatment center called Crossroads on the Island of Antigua.
No comments:
Post a Comment