Man! I am so excited right now. I have discovered a really cool song. Here is how it happened.
For years....I means years..... at least since 1997 I have been hearing this instrumental piece on NPR as a fill in. You know how they use bits of songs to fill in gaps between programing? Well this piece always struck me as being so pretty. Beautiful really, it has a sentimental, wistful beauty. At times it has moved me to tears. When I first heard it I thought it was a KCUR (Kansas City) station thing. But as I moved from city to city I kept hearing in on different NPR stations. I always loved it and wondered about it. I thought about trying to call NPR and asking them about it but what would I say? The part they play is an instrumental and I didn't think I could hum it.
Well, last Sunday just as I was parking at home I heard it. I ran inside, called my NPR station and left a message asking about it and giving them my return phone number. This morning I got a message on cell phone telling me what the song was I've been enjoying all these years.
The Album: Land of Dreams
The Artist: Randy Newman
The song: Dixie Flyer
As soon as I got home I down loaded it from itunes. Sure enough right there at the onset is the simple but beautiful tune I'd been enchanted with all this time. Of course I've been listening to it non stop every since.
And....an ironic twist...Randy Newman is pretty famous...maybe most famous for his song Short People. This isn't taking any enjoyment away.
Love to all
No comments:
Post a Comment