Tuesday, June 03, 2008

2008 Stanley Cup Finals















Something I never thought could happen has happened. I have grown to care about sports. I actually enjoy them. Watching basket ball, baseball and hockey, especially live is really fun. This is a huge change for me. I grew up with an attitude of virtual disdain for sports. There are of course significant factors that explain this:


Living off the grid (before there was such a thing) was an impediment
My size does not lend itself to team sports
Sports/athletics were not a family value (although health, fitness and nutrician were were)


As a I became a runner and enjoyed individual sports, I began to admire atheletes of all types. The physical and psychological demands call upon the most fundamental aspects of our nature and an intricate, dynamic interaction takes place.

Go Wings!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:55 PM

    A - I suspect you like sports because more and more sports are played in buildings named after YOU - Admit it you enjoy the fame - case in point the building behind you in the photo - Love Kathleen Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited your blog through Creative Spot blog and really enjoyed your view. I can't believe the dress!! and I love the hints for sugaring violets. You sound like a very interesting person. I find it fascinating to visit blogs, and yours was especially enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete