The weekend was full and fun. Walter was visiting and we went to an Indian Festival on Saturday afternoon where he ate food and I got a henna tattoo. Later two colleagues/friends came over for dinner. Menu: Summer salad with tomatoes and corn sliced from the cobb, wild rice, ginger chicken with scallions baked in parchment, French bread and white wine. For dessert...soft pavlovas with red and black raspberrries and whip cream. Lovely, if I do say so myself. After dinner and a late night movie run, W and I watched The Hammer with Adam Carolla which I loved. Warm, endearing and funny. On Sunday we went to....ummm....church. (I've been attending the area Unitarian Congregation which is full of agnostics and atheists) then we did some weights and cardio walking. On Sunday evening we watched Lars and the Real Girl. Strange but good movie. This sketch is of Walter asleep one night. I took the picture from this angle because it is the angle I was seeing his head. When I showed it to him he said "I look middle eastern." He sort of does, very Mediterranean look. I experimented with some color wash from my color pencils, just using my finger and water to add a little color.
ps. discovered a mourning dove has built a nest in my hanging black eyed susan on my patio.
No comments:
Post a Comment