Saturday, December 12, 2009

Eccentrics

Some recent encounters have prompted this entry. I love eccentric people. They are all over the place including in the running community.



  • Barefoot runner guy. He's got long blonde dreadlocks and runs barefoot with a large dog.

  • Roller blade guy. He is tall, tanned, toned, man who rollerblades up and down riverside in the summertime, without a shirt and short jean cut-offs with a rythem that is hypnotising. He is equally fasinating and repulsive.

  • Lady who runs furniture store on 11th and Yale- combination of Cruella Deville, Lauren Bacall and Bob Villa.

  • Man/Woman who is a busker in Chicago. He/She (my brother and I were never quite sure) plays a guitar with a violin attatched and tap shoes and made beautiful music.

  • And then of course, perhaps the most famous of all...The Ediths of Grey Gardens.




















1 comment:

  1. I sometimes think -- there but for the grace of god go I - I don't think it takes much to get out of step with the world and lose the path of normalcy -*- or to have one foot on and one foot off the path the rest of the world walks - but I'm with you their level of "interestingness" is very high even if they are sometimes disgusting

    ReplyDelete