"I would always hesitate to recommend as a life's companion a young lady with quite such a vivid shade of red hair. Red hair, sir, in my opinion, is dangerous." -J. Wooster
Friday, March 12, 2010
I Remember
I've committed to running my second marathon. All signed up for Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon on April 25th, 2010. Ever since I've heard about this marathon I've wanted to run it. The bombing happened on April 19th, 1995. It was the spring and my final semester at Conner's State College in Warner, Oklahoma. A fellow student came into a developmental psychology class and told us that a building had exploded in Oklahoma City. I really didn't think much of it, just figured it was a gas leak or something. But when I got home, we were living in Wainwright, I was glued to the tv. It was bad. I remember the news scrolling a 1-800 number for kids to call in case their parents hadn't come home from work that day. I've been to the memorial and been so moved. I'm so happy that I am alive and able to run, feel alive, feel pain and joy and all the other messy stuff. Running 26.2 is the least I can do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am excited for you that you are running your second marathon!! You are quite the studette!!
ReplyDelete