Monday, September 05, 2011

A month in review

Since I was 9 years old, I have kept a journal.  I have many volumes stacked up in a big wicker basket in a closet. I wrote about all kinds of stuff, the mundane, routine, funny stories, trips and more.   From time to time I pull them out, read my entries and reflect on where I was at different points in time.

I don't journal much anymore.  I did try a sketch journal last year and that was fun.  What I would like to do is write down the 'big' stuff that happens to me in any give month.  For some reason I think it is important to document my life.  In part to help me keep track of the big and small events as I move through my life.


August 2011

  • My Uncle Gunnar became a U.S. Citizen on 8/5/11.  I attended the ceremony at the Federal Court House in Muskogee.  So did my cousin Kajsa, Mom, sister Rachael and her children.
  • It remained brutally hot.  Didn't run much but did cycle.
  • Attended an art show in the Brady District with mom, Heath and Walter. 
  • August 25th was Aunt Kathy's Birthday, first birthday with her not here.  I made some art. 
  • Walter visited August 16-30.  His last visit before moving to Tulsa, hopefully next month!
  • Walter and I went to Keith Urban concert on 8/18 at bok-great show!
  • Special dinner with Walter at the Brasserie in Tulsa, excellent food!
  • Dropped my wedding dress off for alterations.
Me and Uncle Gunnar after his ceremony.



The beautiful court room in the Muskogee Federal Court house.  Built in 1905.

Kajsa, Uncle Gunnar, Marsha and Jeremy, RaeLynn, Jacob before the ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment