As a runner I used to think that cyclists were arrogant, entitled road hogs. Now I am beginning to see things differently....Here are my musings.
- Runners, Walkers, Families, Children and Animals: Please pay attention to your surroundings and do not dally in the path of bike. Cyclists cannot stop on a dime-We are limited by our apparatus (the bike) which although it is a dynamic, elegant machine, even if you could stop on a dime...we humans would not. I haven't flown off the bike yet and I hope I never do.
- Runners: Stay off the bike path.
- Walkers: Stay off the bike path.
- Tricycle riders: Go ahead and use the walk/jog trail. Stay off the bike path.
- Runners and Walkers: If you do use the bike part of the path DO NOT have earphones in both ears and blast music so loud that you cannot hear warnings 'On your left', 'bike back', etc.
- Runners and Walkers: Do not dart around or zig zag on the path for no reason, there might be a bike right behind you, especially if you insist on using the bike part of the path.
- Families: Keep your kids in wagons, skates and dogs off the bike path.
- Dog Walkers: Please keep you dog on a leash and stay off the bike path
- People meandering talking on cell phones: Stay off the bike path.
- If in doubt it is best to stay off the bike path.
What about if I am a little bit drunk, and want to lie down on the bike path--is that ok?
ReplyDeleteHaha...drunk people probably wouldn't feel it when hey were run down! I like #6 that is the worst!
ReplyDelete