It has been quite some time since I've blogged and there is much to catch up on. In October Walter immigrated, in November we were legally married. Please note: I am 37 years old and he is 43 and neither of us has ever been married before or lived with a partner. It is new territory for both of us. We've navigated the first Christmas, New Year's (his birthday) without my beloved Aunt Kathy and his mother, Giovanna. Now we are busy with the count down until our 'wedding' on January 14th. A commitment ceremony in which we will share our own vows in front of our closest friends and family.
But about running...the truth is I was in an awful slump all summer and all fall. Granted I AM a winter warrior and do not like running in the heat. Still...ever since I finished my first 50K I barely ran at all. I did get more into road biking and since Walter arrived in October I've actually been doing some weight training (the results of which I've really liked.) But still...little to no running.
However, the past few Saturday mornings I've returned to running with Runner's World Tulsa and have thoroughly enjoyed every step of every run. It feels really good to be out there again. I have no idea what I am training for. I didn't make any New Year's Resolutions...I'm just running. And I'm just adapting to my new life with my handsome, loving, warm and funny husband. He even came running with me this Saturday!

No comments:
Post a Comment