Thursday, March 15, 2012

More on the subject of color

The Color Run (A&W are registered!) has got me thinking about color and its role in life, mine in particular.  

I remembered that one of my favorite books as a kid was The Rainbow Goblins, by Ul de Rico.  It has gorgeous illustrations as you might be able to tell from the cover.  Perhaps of my love of color and a touch of fantasy now and again started here.  




Then a year so so ago I got enraptured with this snippet of performance art spoken by Ken Nordine, called Yellow.  It was on  Public Radio International  (PRI) To the Best of Our Knowledge  I think, tho I can't find anything about it there now.  It tickled me then, still does now and I'm a trying to figure out why.  A few folks I showed it to didn't have quite the same reaction, which left me wondering about my own.  Take a look and see for yourself...





What is this about anyway?  Is it a commentary on stereotypes?  People?  Personality?  Perspectives?  Is it thought provoking or amusing to you all?  What do you think it is about?  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that yellow and green both ended up as equals. Phew!

    ReplyDelete