I feel like I am stretching and going out on a limb this spring as well. From the big shift of marriage, to cutting back on running and expanding my fitness routine to include weights, swimming and walking. I've also been working to cut back on carbohydrates and increase protein in my daily diet.
Most mornings I've been making Walter and I a shake from 100% whey protein powder in vanilla, a ripe banana with a handful of strawberries and milk. Sometimes almond milk. My nifty sharper image hand blender does the trick smoothing everything together and clean up is pretty easy. It starts the day with a nice even energy that carries through to lunch time. It typically measures out as follows for an 8-9 oz serving.
Calories: 230
Total Fat: 1gm
Total Carbs: 31
Fiber: 2gm
Protein: 29 gm
How 'bout you folks? Anything new or different you are up to this spring?




No comments:
Post a Comment