Saturday, July 07, 2012

Refresh

I could not take it any longer and I took four days off work.  I've been saving all my vacation time (the VA calls it annual leave) for an Italian honeymoon, but Walter still can't leave the country.  I could not take it any more.  Since Wednesday was a holiday I got a total of 9 days off.  Nine days off.  Nine days without having to listen with intent, use clinical judgment, assess for suicide risk, homicidal risk and generally deal with people- lots of people- all day.

It was glorious.  I slept a lot.  I culled my wardrobe inspired by this lady who I understand ruthlessly edited her closet.   I also organized my make-up and dressing table inspired this blog which is my latest obsession.  I cleaned house.  Framed our wedding pictures and our wedding certificate.  I cooked when I felt like it.  I read this book.

I'm sad tomorrow is Sunday.  But I know that I am going to go back to work refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment