Ran into a runner friend in locker room. She told me she has been "working out like crazy", training for an Olympic length triathlon, and the NYC marathon. She said "Oh, I just got a call from my brother- asked if I could call him back and said "I'll be working out from 6:30 to 8:30 so I'll call you after that." She said it sort of hit her at that point that training is her life.
Great. Feeling like a washed up runner I enter pool area: Ok- maybe I'll just get in the hot tub for a few minutes while the aqua aerobic ladies finish up....
Eventually get in the pool.
Lap 1: Breast stroke: Ok...this is nice.
Lap 2: Breast stroke: Okay, what I will do is 2/2/2 just like I used to do when I was a lifeguard and swam tons....
Lap 3: Free style: Okay...this is good. Taking it easy. Breathing every other stroke. Trying to focus on tucking chin and stopping arms short on pull, (feedback from an adult swimming lesson in February).
Lap 4: Free style: Okay, my heart rate is up, this is tough.
Lap 5: Back Stroke: Soooo easy. This is too easy.
Lap 6: Back Stroke: Ahhhhh
Lap 7: Free style: (Sharing a lane now) Feeling good from back stroke, I'll challenge my self with two more laps of free style. But keep is slow, easy and focus on form.
Lap 8: Free style: Slow down, slow down, don't choke...
I made it. A very small victory. 20 minutes (or a few less) in the pool.
No comments:
Post a Comment