Here she is:
Anyway, the story of her illness goes back to March of this year when the pitbull we were fostering scared her so badly that she had a stroke. She then developed a seizure disorder secondary to the stroke. For a while she seemed to recover, she took her medicine and moped through the house dragging her right side, a shadow of her former self. After a bad few days with violent seizures I wanted to put her down. Walter wasn't ready. She had wrapped her paws around his heart for good when he moved in last October. Here's a few choice pics of them together:
![]() |
| Counseling Session? Or just friends sharing a moment? |
![]() |
| Feline love |
The day came when we finally agreed she wan't going to get better and was suffering. She had not eaten in about 36 hours and was barely moving. We called our vet and headed in. Walter opted out but I wanted to stay in the room. I was a little curious. Turns out she was so wound up (typical Pasha) they had to sedate her a little. After she had an IV in, they brought her in to the exam room. She appeared super drowsy. The vet let me know that they give a large dose of barbiturate and then within 30 seconds or less the suffering is over. That is how it went for Pasha. Just like that she was gone. A bright little light left this world. We miss her and will always remember her.
![]() |
| Pasha Mewler Foddis June 2008-November 9, 2012 |




I'm so sorry Arena and Walter! Pasha was a beauty! I know how hard it is to make that decision: I've had to do it twice. You did the right thing for your beloved girl!
ReplyDelete