I wanted to try everything and I did. No holds barred.
There was a lot of good wine, we mostly drank red.
It turns out that Walter and I are lightweights. We found that one of the demi bottles was perfect for us and this was generally what we ordered to go along with dinner.
Then came the meat and cheese...
Then came the pasta...(this is a pesto dish in Riomaggiore)
And then a main course. We ended up eating a lot of seafood since we were often on the coast (Cinque Terre, Pescara, Alghero)
Walter's Zia Pina made these lovely fish for us in Alghero. She seemed a very skilled home cook, many of the dishes she made us seemed French to me.
Snacks: As soon as we got to Riomaggiore (Cinque Terre) I eyed these fresh seafood bites.
They turned out to be perfect with a squeeze of lemon after a long hike up the to sanctuary on top of the hill behind Riomaggiore.
We got these focaccia pizzas to go for lunch one day.
Mmmmmm
And then there was the gellato...
This was a double scoop, strawberry and chocolate in Rome.
This was my favorite, double scoop of strawberry and nutella in Florence on a stop during our bike tour.
I've already lost the weight I gained, it was hard work. But I'm glad I didn't hold back. It was worth every bite!






+-+Copy.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment