Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Race Report: Lake McMurtry 12K


I can't imagine why I've stayed away from this race for so long.  It was a gorgeous, perfect day.  While this race offers a 12, 25 and 50k, I'm not really trained up for anything so I got a friend to come along and we walked/ran the 12k. 

Redbuds decorated the woods like Christmas ornaments on a tree.  Amber wheat waved in fields.  The lake sparkled.  The red dirt hollowed paths curved and arched.  I loved being out there. 

Also, I couldn't help but notice that folks seemed extra friendly and supportive.  Almost every single runner greeted each other as they passed.  "Great job!" "Lookin' good!" You know the standard encouragers. 

After race bbq was awesome!  Chatted it up with lots of friends, old and new after the run. 

Oh- and there was a copper head sighting on the trail.  Very exciting.   

No comments:

Post a Comment