January has been a busy month overall. In other news, I'm three weeks into the ice skating lessons that Walter got me for Christmas. I can skate forward, glide on two feet, stop and swizzle. Sort of.
I've also been in the process of auditioning for a show choir ... more about that later.
I got on a brief streak...running that is. Streak Running. It's a whole thing. Check it out. But my streak only lasted for 10 days before I was struck down with flu symptoms. I even had to take sick leave from work for a few days. Once I went into anaphylactic shock after getting the flu shot so I can't do that again.
We hosted a super fun poker night with a few friends. I dusted off my skills and doubled my money.
We also got a new kitty. A 6 month old little black and white boy. The shelter called him Lancelot which is lovely, but not very easy for daily use. After living with him for about a week, Walter and I decided to name him after Enoch "Nucky" Thompson from the HBO series Boardwalk Empire. Also, Nucky goes very nicely with Nosey. They haven't exactly fallen in love, but we are co-existing and getting used to one another. Nucky is shy but a lover has been great. Nosey can be quite irritable and even angry at being 'dethroned' from only cat status but at the same time has not been able to resist some of Nucky's antics and has to join in.
Happy January Everyone!
Love the two cats! Which one is which?
ReplyDeleteDid you paint the bathtub and sink knobs or did the plumber replace them?
Hey Patty! Nosey is the lady on the left and Nucky is the smaller guy on the right. As for the plumbing we replaced the tub hardware. It is a nice update, wish I had thought to take before/after pics. My father-in-law had replaced the sing hardware last January. -Arena
ReplyDelete